|Beef Morcon Recipe|
Estimated cooking time: 2 to 3 hours.
* 1 kilo beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick (3 pcs.)
* 1/4 kilo ground beef liver
* 200 grams sliced sausages or ham
* 200 grams pork fat (cut is strips)
* 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
* 1/4 cup green olives - pitted & quartered
* 100 grams cheddar cheese in strips
* 100 grams grated cheddar cheese
* 2 onions, chopped
* 5 bay leaf (laurel)
* 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup vinegar
* 2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups of water
* 2 meters thread or string (for tying)
Beef Morcon Cooking Instructions:
* Spread and stretch the sliced beef on your working table.
* Arrange the filling on the sliced beef: sausage strips, cheese strips, olives, sliced eggs, pork fat and some ground liver.
* Roll the sliced beef with all the filling inside and secure with a thread or string.
* Repeat the procedure for the two remaining beef slices.
* On a pot, place the beef rolls and put the water, the remaining ground liver, grated cheese, chopped onions, bay leaves, ground black pepper and salt.
* Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour.
* Add the vinegar and continue to simmer of another hour or until beef is tender.
* Slice the beef morcon, arrange on a platter and top with the sauce/ gravy poured on top.
* A spoon or two of flour can be added to water to thicken the sauce.
* Instead of boiling in a pot, you can use a pressure cooker for faster cooking.
* Optional: Garnish with olives before serving