|Pork Kilawin (version 2)|
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp. minced garlic
* 1/2 Sliced Onion
* 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
* 4 medium sized sirloin pork steak (with fat desirable)
* 1/3-1/2 cup of vinegar
* 3/4 Pound Raddish (optional)
* 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
* Ground Peppr
* Chinese Green Pepper, cut diagonally
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. add garlic and stir-fry until beginning to turn brown.
3. add onion and continue to saute until limp and translucent.
4. add tomatoes if using and cook, stirring frequently until tomatoes are cooked thoroughly.
5. add pork and vinegar and cook for 10 minutes decreasing heat to maintain simmer.
6. Add raddish and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until completely cooked through but not soggy.
7. Add brown sugar if using and season to taste with freshly ground pepper and stir. Cook for additional 5 minutes and serve hot with rice.