Estimated cooking and preparation time: 1 hour
Pork Sinigang Ingredients:
* 3/4 kilo Pork, cut into chunks
* 3 tomatoes, sliced
* 2 onions, diced
* 5 cloves of garlic, minced
* 100 grams Kangkong (river spinach)
* 100 grams String beans
* 2 pieces horse radishes, sliced
* 3 pieces gabi (taro), pealed
* 2 pieces sili pag sigang (green finger pepper)
* 200 grams sampalok (tamarind)
* 3 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
* 1 liter of rice wash or water
Sinigang Cooking Instructions:
* Boil sampalok in water until the shell shows cracks. Let cool then peal off the shells and with a strainer, pour samplalok (including water)
into a bowl. Gently massage the sampalok meat off the seeds, strain again.
* In a pot, sauté garlic and onion then add the tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
* Add pork and fish sauce then add the rice wash. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes then add the gabi. Continue to simmer for
another 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
* Add the horse radish and simmer for 10 minutes then add the string beans, kangkong and sili (for spice-optional). Let boil for 2 minutes.
* Serve piping hot.
Sinigang Cooking Tip:
* Instead of sampalok fruit (tamarind), you can substitute it with any commercial souring seasoning like Knorr sampalok seasoning or
tamarind bouillon cubes for this pork sinigang recipe.