|Spicy Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)|
Makes: 6 serving
Preparation time: 20 mins + 30 mins marinating
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Gambas Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 kg (2lb) medium prawns, peeled (heads, tails and shells discarded)
* Juices of 3-4 calamansi
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* Cloves of 1 hole head of garlic, peeled and crushed
* Dash Tabasco (or other hot pepper sauce)
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Parsley, to garnish (optional)
* Sliced green chili, to garnish (optional)
Gambas Recipe Cooking Instructions:
* Marinate peeled prawns in calamansi juice for about 30 mins.
* Heat oil in a frying pan or wok and sauté garlic until almost brown.
* Add prawns and stir fry until fully cooked, about 2 to 3 mins. Do not overcook.
* Season with hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer prawns to a serving dish together with the garlic. If desired, garnish with parsley and chili.
* Serve as an appetizer, as a first course or as pulutan with drinks.