Estimated cooking & preparation time: 45 minutes.
* 1/4 kilo pork, sliced into small pieces
* 1/4 kilo shrimps, shelled, deveined and halved
* 1/4 kilo chicken liver and gizzard, sliced to small pieces
* 1/4 kilo cauliflower, broken to bite size
* 1/4 kilo string beans
* 1/4 kilo snow peas (sitsaro)
* 1/4 kilo cabbage, cut into squares
* 2 stalks of leeks, cut into 2″ long pieces
* 3 stalks celery, cut into 2″ long pieces
* 5 cloves garlic, diced
* 2 onions, diced
* 1 carrot, sliced thinly
* 1 piece red bell pepper, cut in strips
* 1 piece green bell pepper. cut in strips
* 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
* 2 cups chicken stock (broth)
* 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
* 3 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
* 4 tablespoons of corn oil or vegetable oil
* Salt to taste
Chopsuey Cooking Instructions:
* In a big pan or wok, sauté garlic, onions then add in the pork. chicken liver and gizzard. Add 1 cup of stock, pinch of salt and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork and chicken giblets are cooked.
* Mix in the shrimp then all the vegetables. Add the remaining 1 cup of stock, patis and the dissolved cornstarch. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are done. Add the sesame oil.
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve hot with rice.