|Nilagang Baka Recipe (Beef Stew)|
Estimated Cooking time: 1 to 2 hours
Beef Stew Ingredients:
* 1 kilo beef, cut into 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ cubes
* 8 potatoes cut the same size as the beef
* 1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
* 1 small cabbage, quartered
* 5 onions, diced
* 1 head garlic, minced
* 4 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
* 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
* 10 corns of black pepper
* 1 liter of water
* Salt and pepper to taste
Beef Stew Cooking Instructions:
* In a big casserole, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onions.
* Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
* Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
* Add the cabbage then the pechay. Do not over cook the vegetables.
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve steaming hot in a bowl and plain white rice.
You can substitute the beef with chicken (chicken stew) or pork (pork stew) for variety.