* 2 kilo dressed chicken (broiler)
* 2 cups of lemon grass (tanlad)
* 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
* 2 tablespoons of salt
* Make sure the chicken is clean with no remaining small feathers and no insides.
* Wash thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel
* Rub the whole chicken with cooking oil as well as the inside cavity.
* Next apply salt all over, again, including the insides.
* Fill the cavity with lemon grass
* Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
* Place the chicken on an oven rotisserie.
* If you don't have a rotisserie put the chicken on an elevated rack on a baking pan - breast side up (so the bottom of the chicken does not touch the baking pan).
* Bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is golden brown. When you prick between the chicken thigh and body and the juice runs clear (not bloody) the chicken is done.
* Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or corn on the side.
Roasted Chicken Cooking Tip:
* If baking at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the oven.