|Chicken Potato Salad|
* 1 kilo potatoes
* 1 big chicken breast
* 3 pieces medium sized carrots
* 500 ml mayonnaise
* 1 can (836 g) pineapple tidbits or chunks
* 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced (optional)
* 3 tablespoons of chopped spring onions (optional)
* Iodized salt to taste (pepper, optional)
* In a big pot, boil potatoes and carrots (covered with water) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cracks on the potato skin appears. (tip:
pierce a potato with a toothpick. If you can pierce it with little resistance and the toothpick comes out clean, the potatoes & carrots are
* Drain potatoes and carrots, let cool.
* Once cooled, the skin can be easily be pealed by hand.
* Dice the potatoes and carrots (about 1x1 cm)
* Boil the chicken breast in water with some salt. Let cool, then shred the chicken meat in 1 inch lengths
* Drain pineapple chunks or tidbits.
* Combine all ingredients (potatoes, chicken meat, pineapple, carrots, pickle relish, mayonnaise...) in a big bowl and salt to taste. You may add pepper if you wish.
* Refrigerate before serving.
Potato Salad Cooking Tip:
* You may add the optional ingredients (diced cheese, chopped onions, spring onions) or a handful of raisins for added flavour.