|Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe|
* 1/2 kilo pork loin, sliced into pieces
* 1 small can pineapple chunks
* 1 large onion, quartered
* 1 red & 1 green bell peppers, sliced into strips
* 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
* 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
* 3 tablespoons of ketchup
* 1 tablespoon of sugar
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 3 cloves of minced garlic
Sweet and Sour Pork Cooking Instructions:
* In a pot, boil pork in 2 cups of water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt until tender, then drain (keep the pork stock for later).
* Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and soy sauce then coat the pork with the cornstarch mixture.
* Fry the pork in a skillet until golden brown, set aside.
* Dissolve the remaining 2 tablespoons of cornstarch on 1/2 cup of pork stock - set aside.
* Sauté garlic and onions on oil, then add the bell peppers, pineapple chunks (including the syrup), ketchup, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the dissolved cornstarch. Stir until sauce thickens.
* Pour over fried pork then serve with rice.