|Pork Menudo Recipe|
Estimated preparation & cooking time: 50 minutes
* 1/2 kilo pork (cut into small chunks)
* 1/4 kilo pork liver (cut into small cubes)
* 5 pieces chorizo Bilbao (also cut in small pieces)
* 4 potatoes (peeled, cut in small cubes, fried)
* 1 green and 1 red bell pepper (diced)
* 1 cup chickpeas
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 cup pork or chicken stock
* 2 teaspoons of patis (fish sauce)
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 1 tablespoon atsuete oil (optional)
* 3 tomatoes (diced)
* 1 small head of garlic (minced)
* 1 medium size onion (diced)
Menudo Cooking Instructions:
* In a pan or wok, heat cooking oil and atsuete oil.
* Sauté garlic, onion. Then add the pork, liver, chorizo de Bilbao, tomatoes, bell pepper, paprika, patis and the stock.
* Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork is tender.
* Add the chickpeas, potatoes and raisins. Boil of another 2 minutes.
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve hot with white rice.